Discuss Dual timer switch with 30 minute boost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ronan2575

I am searching for a Timeswitch which controls both heat and water. It is linked up to our gas boiler. We presently have a Towerchron QE2 Timeswitch

Why I am looking for a new one is I only want a 30 minute boost, the Towerchron QE2 Timeswitch is a 1 hour boost, and there is no way to reduce the time from 1 hour to 30 minutes. I have emailed the company to confirm this, I have also looked on the internet for a switch with a 30 minute boost.

Does anyone here know of a digital dual timeswitch with a 30 minute boost that I could purchase?

Many thanks

I've never seen one around there mostly 1 hour boost. Might be worth emailing manufacturers like honeywell. Drayton. Danfoss. Siemens etc see what they say.

Hi there ronan. Welcome to the forum. I can't say I've ever came accross 30 minute boost or advance buttons . That's not to say there isn't one but certainly 1 hr is the usual style. ...

Why 30 mins?

If the water is already quite hot the cylinder thermostat will cut the boiler off when the water is up to temp regardless of the 1hr boost.

If the water is cold, 30 mins isn't enough to heat it up fully.
The above is probably the reason no-one has a 30 min boost setting.

^^^^ spot on .
I think horstmann used to make a 30 min, 60 min, 120 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual timer switch with 30 minute boost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back