Discuss Dripping shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benunited

When we were changing our carpets it was clear there was a problem with the shower as the boards were wet, which we traced to being a leak with the connections at the back - it's an aqualisa aquastream powershower which has internal pushfit fittings.

So, hot and cold feeds turned off, I made sure (I think) of the fittings and fixed the shower back on the wall.

I haven't turned the feeds back on just yet because there is a steady drip from the shower itself into the shower tray.

Now, when the shower is disconnected and the hot and cold feeds are turned off and uncapped there is still some residual water coming through as you'd expect. So when you move the pipes there's a small amount of water left in the pipes coming through.

But when the pipes are connected to the shower (but not turned on) I shouldn't expect a steady drip should I?

Would anyone reckon this would still be a problem with the connections, with the shower or what?

I should say I initially had a plumber take a look and he said he'd never seen a shower with pushfit fittings, said it couldn't work and he didn't come back. I called aqualisa and they said they are indeed pushfits and just to connect it up.

I know if I go ahead and turn the hot and cold water feeds back on the shower will work - just concerned about this drip and what this might mean!

Any advice much appreciated!

Ben

All i can assume from your post is that the shower is dripping from the shower head even though you have isolated hot and cold.

Just turn it on. There are a lot of showers these days with pushfit connections.

All i can assume from your post is that the shower is dripping from the shower head even though you have isolated hot and cold.

Just turn it on. There are a lot of showers these days with pushfit connections.

Thanks for the reply!

The drip isn't from the showerhead, I've disconnected that for now.

I have the shower front off and can see the drip is from the shower body.

My eldest son and his wife have a mira shower rebadged for sale as a B&Q model with push fit feed connections I wonder if air is causing it to drip reconnect it and try this will confirm if you have a problem ...is it a fixed head or riser rail type with hose?....regards Turnpin:17:

My eldest son and his wife have a mira shower rebadged for sale as a B&Q model with push fit feed connections I wonder if air is causing it to drip reconnect it and try this will confirm if you have a problem ...is it a fixed head or riser rail type with hose?....regards Turnpin:17:

I've taken it on and off the pipes a few times and the drip continues. Strange, almost as though it drips more when the shower is connected than when the pipes are uncapped with the water off.

It's has a rail and hose.

Thanks!

I've disconnected and reconnected the shower from the pipes a few times and the drip keeps on coming. It's almost as if the drip from the shower is stronger than when the pipes are disconnected and uncapped.

It's a rail with hose.

Thanks for the reply!

The drip isn't from the showerhead, I've disconnected that for now.

I have the shower front off and can see the drip is from the shower body.
Just re read this can you post up some pictures ...regards Turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi and thanks for the welcome to the forum. I am a DIYer and need to take off and reinstall my Aqualisa Aquastream to remove the tiles before...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock