Discuss Dripping Rain Shower. Any advice? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a ceiling fitted shower that keeps dripping and is driving me crazy.
Can anyone offer any guidance to what’s causing the problem and how it can be fixed.
Would the ceiling need to be damaged to get access to the pipe work?
Many thanks.

Attachments

• B1BA5862-3C53-4C06-AE53-A0C935336361.jpeg
    B1BA5862-3C53-4C06-AE53-A0C935336361.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 11
Can anyone offer any guidance to what’s causing the problem and how it can be fixed.
Many thanks.
I have recently changed the shower head, so I don’t think there’s a problem with that. I also took the shower head off and the dripping continued from the pipe.

The problem isn't in the ceiling, it's the valve in the wall not sealing properly. Isolate the water and change the valve. Find a maker's mark and look up how to change the valve.

The problem isn't in the ceiling, it's the valve in the wall not sealing properly. Isolate the water and change the valve. Find a maker's mark and look up how to change the valve.
Many thanks.
So it’s likely the valve behind the on/off control? Can the valve be replaced without damaging the tiles?

Attachments

• 7640610D-ED4F-40C9-892B-C38660E4DC35.jpeg
    7640610D-ED4F-40C9-892B-C38660E4DC35.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Dripping Rain Shower. Any advice? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a growing damp patch on my ceiling, I initially assumed it must be from the empty flat above (and therefore cannot gain access), and have...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock