Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Drayton LP522 controller problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyP1968

Hi I have a boiler controlled by the above that appears to have failed. The boiler will light regardless of programmer setting; on or off etc. However it does still switch motorised valve between water and heating. The room thermostat is the only way to switch heating on or off other than mains switch. The system is 10 years old, can I easily test programmer? Thanks.

If you can still control heating by stat then the stat is getting power.
check the programmer is not giving power out on heating when set to off.

Thanks for the reply. I have 240 volts into the boiler in every position on the programmer, on, off etc. Unless I switch off mains. I'm thinking relay in programmer has gone.

Thanks for the reply. I have 240 volts into the boiler in every position on the programmer, on, off etc. Unless I switch off mains. I'm thinking relay in programmer has gone.

Do you have a 3way diverter or 'zone' valves fitted Andy? :welcome: to the forum :)

Yes there is a 3 way valve that apears to operate normally via the programer for water.

Yes there is a 3 way valve that apears to operate normally via the programer for water.

Temp has gotten cold over these past few days mate! Where's your boiler situated? Do you know if you have a frost thermostat fitted?

My first thought too but I can't find a frost thermostat and the boiler is in a south facing kitchen. Cheers

Don't matter if you have a frost stat, you wouldn't beable to control the rads by the in door stat if frost stat had kicked in.

With programmer off, wall stat turned up so the heating kicks in check if you have 230v on the white wire to the 3 port valve.
If yes check if you have 230v to the stat from programmer.
If yes programmers faulty.

It's looking you straight in the face, if you can control it by the stat the stat is getting 230v when it shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton LP522 controller problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock