Discuss Draining heating system - no water coming out in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to drain my heating system. I located the downstairs radiator with the drain off valve, attached a hosepipe and turned the valve...nothing comes out.

I've tried this on all the downstairs radiators with drain off valve, again nothing comes out. I tried to bleed the upstairs radiators to help it along but only water comes out, so there's definitely water in the system

The house is ten years old. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 27
How far did you undo the drain off? Also they could be stuck (happens usually on older systems), only other way is drain through the valve(s): attach a short piece of copper in the hose with a nut and olive and attach to one valve (afte disconnecting from the rad of course), and using a split compression stop end to plug the tail of the rad.

Reply to Draining heating system - no water coming out in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get some advise, basically new vaillant regular boiler has been fitted approx 5 yrs ago, i believe it was back boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock