Search the forum,

Discuss Draining down with this type off drain off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

What is the best way to drain off using these drain off’s.

D3927738-5784-471B-BD0A-54DE655BFE66.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: M84
Iirc, turn both valves off, open drain off, slowly open valves if you’re draining whole system, then open bleed vents upstairs.

Isolate valves. Open bled screw to see if valves have held. Undo nut connecting valve to tail, stick 15mm cap end on tail quickly to stop any water coming out. Use 15mm nut and olive from cap end put on a proper drain off and connect to the valve open valve happy days.

I very rarely use those drain offs as they leak afterwards so just chuck a drain off onto the valve as above.

Unless you’ve got a pump in - pump out wet vac it’ll take ages and is labour intensive with the emptying.

Just use a hose and get on with something else whilst it takes care of itself.

The outlets on these are a bit tiny for a normal 1/2 hose to fit without leaks. Manometer hose pushes on nicely but then you've got to cobble up a connection to your drain hose.
Lots of towels especially if above carpet.

Reply to Draining down with this type off drain off. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what...
Replies
Views
Hello, would greatly appreciate some pointers Toilet downstairs drains slowly. First floor toilet causes bath to reflux water and make noise...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock