Search the forum,

Discuss drainage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have got to run a new soil underground to a ground floor bathroom being put in. There will be a toilet, basin, bath etc all connected. I need to connect into the manhole with this pipe, what is the correct way of doing this? I have never had to do it before so want to know exactly what needs to happen. Will I also need to try and site an air admittance valve in the bathroom?

image.jpgimage.jpgI have attached a couple pictures of the existing manhole.

You need to connect into the clay yes?

Dig down cut in an inspection chamber further back use fernco collar to join old and new then use your branch to run back to bathroom and if the other stac near by is durgo'd you will need to vent it

That pipe that runs high and drops down is it soil? If so is it legit to run it like that? Rather than digging right down and feeding it through the concrete lip at 45?

That's from a rainwater gully, im pretty sure you cant connect a soil like that.

That branch on the existing which you can see, I believe is connected to and old outside toilet which is no longer in use. So I may try and dig up that and connect on to it which should save a bit of time. Is a fernco coupling ok to connect on to the old pipe under the ground to be concreted over or is there a better fitting available?

The other stack connected is vented so a durgo should be ok for this bathroom im adding?

I thought you were not allowed the soil to drop from high into the chamber. That branch looks high? Well that's what the building control guy told me

Oh sorry mate, I see what you mean. The one already connected to the main soil run. Doh silly me

I've always used fernco to connect on they do one that is sized to take clay also when back filling the first few inches of back fill I use pea shingle so if anyone digs in the future they know there's summit there and yeah aav should be fine

Thanks rob, that's a big help. Always like to get reassurance I am doing things the right way when I have no experience in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to drainage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hi Floor in wet room is changing from vinyl flooring to tiles, floor will rise by about 13mm (tile and adhesive). The current drainage is 110mm...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock