Search the forum,

Discuss drainage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi , I need a bit of advise on a full house plumbing and heating job that I started ,which also will involve new underground drainage pipework +1 st fix on all drainage on the basement .
There is a man hole at the back of the house and then from there it runs through the house to another inspection hatch in the front before disappear to the main drainage.
Job I have is to relocate the man hole pick up soil stuck+basement toilet+kitchen+rain water into new manhole and run it through the basement and pick up the 4" cast pipe .

Questions :
1. how would you suggest to connect old 4" cast iron with new 4"( I could cut it or i could pick up from a old female connection ?)
2. new man hole what make would you suggest

in general any suggestions are welcome

Timesaver coupling for the casthttp://www.saint-gobain-pam.co.uk/soil-drain-rainwater/above-ground/timesaver-soil.htm
and any decent builders merchant for the man hole

Fernco on the cast mate and local merchant for drainage bits , is the system definitely combined before you start chucking rainwater down it ?

1. how would you suggest to connect old 4" cast iron with new 4"( I could cut it or i could pick up from a old female connection ?)

4" Fernco coupling. fernco.jpg

2. new man hole what make would you suggest
Doesn't really matter - they are all much the same. Page 49 of our pricebook! :)

Fernco on the cast mate and local merchant for drainage bits , is the system definitely combined before you start chucking rainwater down it ?

you can put storm water into any sewer but you carnt put foul into storm , make sure the chamber is foul by flushing the w/c if you can hear it in the chamber or see it your good to go.

Make sure you put stubs and rockers where pipe goes through wall and at new MH.

Buy a ppic and don't use 6m lengths as they belly.

Band seal onto old iron. Make sure you measure id of iron as there are about 29 different sizes of band seal.

Don't over-tighten as cast cracks and then it's just horrible.

Use terrain inside as the solvent joints won't move or burst open in a blocked situation. Put clips every 450mm as when that pipe backs up it's pretty heavy and 200L of effluent is harder to sort than a few extra clips.

plumb center do a plastic drain connector might be worth while looking at that i just used one on cast iron

you can put storm water into any sewer but you carnt put foul into storm , make sure the chamber is foul by flushing the w/c if you can hear it in the chamber or see it your good to go.[/QUO
while thats partly true building regs have really tighten upon how much stormwater you can put in the foul round here drive have to be porus or have soakaways its because they have to treat it all

What are your vending machienes on free vend and you have quality street on the counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to drainage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Hello I am fitting a kitchen in a new room without services. Looking to tile the floor so everything under the tiles really needs to be fit and...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock