Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I am a new member and glad to be on board. I don't know anything about plumbing, but know how to a plunger. As a member I hope to some gain knowledge and advice.

My sink water drains into my washing machine. When I drain the washing machine it goes back into sink. This has been going on for two weeks. This is what I have already done to solve the issue:
Used a plunger.
Used baking soda and white vinegar.
Removed the U- bench from under the sink (there was no blockage)
Poured hot water down the sink drain.
Used a shop bought strong solution & poured down the sink (had toxic smell).
A few months ago the same thing happened and I used white vinegar and baking soda, which seemed to resolve the issue, but it did not work this time. I have not had any recent plumbing done and up until a few months there had never been any issues. I used the washing machine and had to remove the water as it came into the sink. I emptied 4 buckets full of water.
Can you please help?

So your domestic sink drains into your washing machine and you are
needing advice....go get a decent plumbing outfit , get a few quotes
relax choose the outfit you trust and get it fixed
centralheatking

I know you say it's a new problem but how is the washing machine hose routed? They usually come into a kitchen unit under the sink at low level then should rise up to a high point, higher than the spigot on the trap you are connecting it to. Like in the picture on this webpage How to use a dishwasher if drain is clogged

Now, that may or may not be a contributing factor in your problem here but make sure that is set up right first. Ignore if your washing machine goes into its own separate vertical standpipe.

You likely have a blockage in the waste pipe somewhere so you really should try to "snake" the pipe runs with a tool like this to break through any blockage and then follow up with some hot water and/or drain cleaner. 10ft Handheld Flexible Snake Sewer Pipe Drain Hair Clog Plunger Cleaning Tool - Walmart.com

This is usually DIY able so give it a go before you call in a plumber if you are happy to have a go yourself. If not, then follow CHK's advice above and call in a plumber.

It sounds like you to call out professional for this as they will know more than me. They will know exactly what the problem is, it's a strange one because I've never heard of an issue like this before. However, it's all on the same system so it makes sense!

Reply to Drainage problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock