Search the forum,

Discuss Drain n refill Vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imran999

Wanting to flush out my hot water system and wondering, can i just drain out from the drain valve and leave it draining for 30 mins (refilling as it goes from the expansion tank?)

Would this flush fresh water through the whole system or will i need to open radiator valves?

Would add in x100 once the water has started running clear from the draining

Last edited by a moderator:
Just draining from the draincock will not flush water through the system.
The water will just find a straight path from the feed & exp tank down to the draincock. The water in rest of system pipework and radiators will mostly just stay there.
You would have to really drain down the entire system by shutting mains feed to exp tank and drain through from draincock and if any rads are piped from overhead, then drain each rad as well. Open rad vents to allow air in for water to drain out.

Make sure the feed & expansion tank is clean before you start, otherwise you'll let any muck / sludge in there run through the rest of the system. Shut off water supply, empty F&E, clean, reconnect supply, drain as Best suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain n refill Vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock