Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Drain down/flush options for combi return that goes up not down. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find

I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together

Long story short combi is in a kitchen cupboard but the return pipe from the boiler elbows up (not down) behind the boiler and then up through the ceiling meaning that if I tried to drain down as you normally would from the lowest rad the return pipe is still going to be full of sludgy water meaning i can't cut it away to rework a new pipe down the side of the boiler instead of behind to install a filter.

My question is can I use the filling loop connection (flexible hose) on the return valve (ideal combi 35) as a drain down point for example is it a non return valve.

All I need to to is empty the return pipe not even the whole system so I can cut it loose and then run a new return pipe with a filter that will give me more than enough options to drain or flush the rest of the system whilst keeping the boiler isolated from the sludge.

I do have a drain off on the CH flow one of the few pipes that goes down making full use of that gravity stuff but draining down from that would run a whole lot of sludge through the boiler and I just know it would kill it.

Reply to Drain down/flush options for combi return that goes up not down. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock