Discuss Drain down central heating and refill with radiators off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have probably done a silly thing here so need some advice.

I drained down the central heating system with a hose pipe from the drain off on the radiator closest to the door. No problems. Then I removed 3 radiators as we had the decorators in for a few weeks. As the decorators were in for a few weeks I filled the central heating system up with the radiators off and ends capped so we could it.
Now it’s time to put the radiators back on again and when I come to drain down the system nothing comes out of the hose from the drain off tap by the front door (by the way that was one of the radiators I removed). So I am guessing I have stopped the water somewhere else in the system and it’s not getting to the pipes by the front door to drain the water off.

How do I now drain down the system so I can put the radiators back on?

Thanks in advance.

Often , if a system will not drain, use nice rubber pipe from your garden and then stamp up and down in it on a hard surface you will get suction..and then it will drain I saw the answer 503 so thought I would just throw this in ...chking

Reply to Drain down central heating and refill with radiators off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock