Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic boiler in commercial office's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Allgoode

Gas Engineer
Hi all again,

Random ?.

I have been contacted by a landlord who is looking to re-let his commercial premises after previous long term occupier moved to another premises.

The boiler is an ideal Logic+ 30kw combi located in the upstairs kitchen beside the sink & i'm happy with them as serviced many, many in normal households.

Boiler is running 16 rads which is pretty much maxing it out but still running ok.

Meter is a medium pressure type which i am happy with.

So i have my domestic gas ticket so am i allowed to service & certify this one or will it need handing across to commercially qualified people.

I have suggested full drain down & clean through system, fit system filter, full clean out of boiler & replacement of electrodes if reqd with any seals as reqd also followed by refill & inhibitor into system.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Andy

You would be able to cert the boiler but probably not the gas line which you don’t need to do on a llgsc

Personally I would say if the installation is Commercial then no, but this is always bone of contention.
The way I see this is that if the Boiler is a part of a Commercial installation, it is just that and anyone working on that installation should be qualified, experienced and insured.
At the end of the day it depends on how you view it and whether or not you are comfortable and confident that you're legally covered if something happens following your visit. That is by no means saying that you will do anything wrong either, it doesn't need to be something related to the Boiler you worked on for someone to point the finger does it?

Cheers guys.
Spoke to gas safe this morning to double check as well & they were very helpful which was a nice surprise.
As Shaun says boiler OK for service along with c/h pipework but gas pipework from meter to internal aecv (if fitted) not allowed.
After the aecv to boiler ok.
Cheers for your help there, just going to price up for the work now & take it from there.
Andy

also are you covered insurance wise as its a commercial premise larger than domestic costs if anything goes awry are a lot more, if working in commercial premises i would say a minimum of 5 million cover is needed. check what cover you do have to make sure you are covered.

Cheers Gasmk1, will touch base with them tomorrow to double check. I'm sure they will find a way to squirrel a few more pounds out of me for the cover.
Saying that, insurance is due renewal soon so will mention that other brokers are available on renewal if they have a laugh with any potential premium for cover.
Thanks,
Andy

Reply to Domestic boiler in commercial office's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a domestic ticket. When questioned he said it was ok as all the boilers he works on are under 70kw? He also says he does not touch the commercial catering...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have completed level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating with 1 years experience working as an emergency response engineer primarily carrying out maintenance...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part of a Service to a Gas Boiler. i cant find a definitive answer... is it advisory or mandatory and if the latter, which Gas Regulation does it come...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock