Search the forum,

Discuss Doh!! 9:30 pm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xpertbert

Does it sometimes drive you mad, work all day, come in prices to do, invoices to sort. 3 flipping days this week. Shouldn't moan. I always think though for these long hours I should be rolling in money. No fighting to win flipping job because custards want to pay as little as possible. But hey ho

Last edited by a moderator:
And now lay in bed on the plumbing forum. Lol can't get away from plumbing.

I like the freedom! Free to decide whether i want a job or not, free to decide if i want to work for someone or not, free to decide what days I'm available, free to decide the prices i charge, free to decide when i start work, free to decide when i finish, free to decide .......... well actually....!......... I think I'll just have a day off!!!

That to me my friend is where my value lies :)

My ex collegues are now earning 40k a year but are not free to decide :) There are times when i just can't be bothered to pick up the phone and plan work! But I keep reminding myself that I've worked all my life for this frredom!! That to me is priceless and keeps me going :)

You have got your custom base to do that which is what you have worked damm hard to achieve. Can't fault you one bit diamond

You have got your custom base to do that which is what you have worked damm hard to achieve. Can't fault you one bit diamond

I was gifted my freedom 3yrs ago 'xpertbert' when i decided to leave employment! I was fortunate then that an ex collegue who HAD worked hard for his customer base, decided to move to Scotland and happened to hear that I was leaving to set up on my own. He rang me and asked if i was interested in buying his 'customer base'? .... Fate, God, call it what you will? I was fortunate :) I had to sell myself to his customers and prove to some degree that I was a worthy replacement. So far there haven't been many who have changed their minds :)
I certainly would not like to be in the game of installs of any kind! They're one offs that have to be continually replenished!
*shiver*

Last edited by a moderator:
I could get a gaffers job and 40k+ /yr and have to do what i'm told when i'm told.
BUT, i'm too used to doing my own thing. No one tells me what to do or when to do it, i tell you what i'm doing and when. If i don't like you i aint working for you even if you pay double
I suit myself. Emergency stuff i oick and choose. Even the contract stuff i run to suit me.
This week i have done 1 boiler swap, (and fixed a shower for a penniless pensioner, my charity job :smile:). Thought about a couple of those wee jobs i said i would catch when i had time then though naw!
It's paid the wages. Rubber eared the phone because i'm having a planned easy week and a lie in until half 8 because it suits me.
Laid the founds for an extension to my garage and building a new fence in the garden. Got 4 jobs to see on Friday and a cant pestering me for a CP12 who might (will) get kicked into touch if his number comes up on my phone again. Suppose it will buy the beer on Friday if i do it. I'll see how i feel but i won't feel guilty if he gets someone else.

Class Tamz :)

I love hearing the strange expression on folks breadth when they don't seem to comprehend me not being available after 4pm or at weekends!

I say "pay stupid prices for stupid hours! Don't ring me :)

love it when cust sez they finish work at 6, can you come round after ? then i say sorry i do too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Doh!! 9:30 pm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock