Discuss Does this water tank look dangerous? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

It's not WRAS approved and needs replacing. Lazy plumbing has also run a vent pipe to it instead of to drain via tundish. If they have had a legionella risk assessment done this should have been flagged up to the duty holder to action as a priority 1 or a recommendation to convert the system to mains.

It's not WRAS approved and needs replacing. Lazy plumbing has also run a vent pipe to it instead of to drain via tundish. If they have had a legionella risk assessment done this should have been flagged up to the duty holder to action as a priority 1 or a recommendation to convert the system to mains.

It’s a vent via a hot gravity hot water cylinder

Yes I'm aware of what it is. It's a legionella risk having a HWSV vent pipe going in to a CWSV.

No more than it naturally warming up actually it’s less as if it did ever vent it would be 60dc plus water going into the tank and eventually it would be upto the same temp as the cylinder so would kill any legionella / bacteria

No more than it naturally warming up actually it’s less as if it did ever vent it would be 60dc plus water going into the tank and eventually it would be upto the same temp as the cylinder so would kill any legionella / bacteria
If the CWSV is correctly sized and insulated it shouldn't naturally warm up and should be turned over sufficiently within a 12 hour period. Recommended guidance via HSG274 is that the vent should be run to drain via tundish on a vented non-circulatory system, if it's a vented circulatory system there should also be safety valves. Add the potential scalding risk on top of it all and it's a no brainer.

Is this the vent from the HW cylinder itself that shouldn't be brought back in over the CWST?.

Reply to Does this water tank look dangerous? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a question and hope for some advice or information on the following many thanks; How long should tap water be left out at...
Replies
Views
I recently took off an end stop on the vent/expansion pipe over the heating header tank. I now know why it was capped off. When the 2 way valve...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock