Discuss Does this look right? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The UFH feels a bit patch in a few of the rooms so investigated the UFH controller...

What's this red stuff and should I be concerned about it?

IMG_3847.jpg

Looks like the system needs flushing

I would say start with flushing and new Chems

new builds often miss the chems bit and just fill with standard water

Depends on a lot of factors best to get a couple of quotes might be best to get some new flow meters aswell saves trying to clean them (there the red things at the top)

Thanks, any idea on how much that might cost?
Unless you're in a very expensive part of the country, probably a few hundred quid. Don't leave the job too long as that red colour is a sign that somewhere in the system some part(s) are corroding and that needs to be stopped.

Unless you're in a very expensive part of the country, probably a few hundred quid. Don't leave the job too long as that red colour is a sign that somewhere in the system some part(s) are corroding and that needs to be stopped.
We've not long moved in and it's a new build.. Worth getting the construction firm back?

We've not long moved in and it's a new build.. Worth getting the construction firm back?
Worth a try.

If it were me, I'd start nice but make my complaint / claim in writing and give them one chance and a limited time, say one month, to complete the work needed. If they wouldn't play ball I proceed as advised above and try to reclaim the money from the builder.

These days I usually work on the assumption that any unsatisfactory work will end up as a dispute until proven otherwise. So, I take the steps and collect the evidence needed for a future small claims court case as I go along. You can get a checklist of what's needed from the SCC online claims site or Citizens Advice. In practice, once cowboys realise you know what you're doing they stop messing around.

Reply to Does this look right? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi. We have recently bought the ground floor of a Victorian house, about 100 m2. The floors are all laid to very solid floor boards and the...
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values...
Replies
Views
Back