Search the forum,

Discuss Does this look right? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The UFH feels a bit patch in a few of the rooms so investigated the UFH controller...

What's this red stuff and should I be concerned about it?

IMG_3847.jpg

Looks like the system needs flushing

I would say start with flushing and new Chems

new builds often miss the chems bit and just fill with standard water

Depends on a lot of factors best to get a couple of quotes might be best to get some new flow meters aswell saves trying to clean them (there the red things at the top)

Thanks, any idea on how much that might cost?
Unless you're in a very expensive part of the country, probably a few hundred quid. Don't leave the job too long as that red colour is a sign that somewhere in the system some part(s) are corroding and that needs to be stopped.

Unless you're in a very expensive part of the country, probably a few hundred quid. Don't leave the job too long as that red colour is a sign that somewhere in the system some part(s) are corroding and that needs to be stopped.
We've not long moved in and it's a new build.. Worth getting the construction firm back?

We've not long moved in and it's a new build.. Worth getting the construction firm back?
Worth a try.

If it were me, I'd start nice but make my complaint / claim in writing and give them one chance and a limited time, say one month, to complete the work needed. If they wouldn't play ball I proceed as advised above and try to reclaim the money from the builder.

These days I usually work on the assumption that any unsatisfactory work will end up as a dispute until proven otherwise. So, I take the steps and collect the evidence needed for a future small claims court case as I go along. You can get a checklist of what's needed from the SCC online claims site or Citizens Advice. In practice, once cowboys realise you know what you're doing they stop messing around.

Reply to Does this look right? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached picture from their catalogue. Like on this image ->...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock