Discuss Do OLCI help get Gas Safe Certification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

81ll

Gas Engineer
OLCI have told me that if I train with them they will help me get gas safe certification.

Is that right, I believe you can only get this by doing actual work experience hence not sure they can help.

Have OLCI helped anyone else get Gas Safe certification?

Hiya
I doubt that anyone could become GSR with just training.
But I could be wrong.

Why not phone Gas Safe and ask them directly.

anyone can help, depends what they mean by help, can you explain please

They will help you empty your wallet on all their training, Just ring Gas Safe you may get an answer !

They must be Helping you get work experience in order to get you fully G.S registered.

From their website;

Portfolio of Evidence where you gain on-site work experience. If you don’t have access to onsite work, we may be able to assist you although we cannot guarantee you a position. The work you will need to complete when compiling your portfolio of evidence will vary depending on the nature of the jobs you undertake.

Of course it's not in big letters on the website....

Last edited:
They must be Helping you get work experience in order to get you fully G.S registered.

From their website;

Portfolio of Evidence where you gain on-site work experience. If you don’t have access to onsite work, we may be able to assist you although we cannot guarantee you a position. The work you will need to complete when compiling your portfolio of evidence will vary depending on the nature of the jobs you undertake.

Of course it's not in big letters on the website....

Well that says it all ! (Maybe & No Guarantee) just think about how meny Plumbers are out of work !!

OLCI Help you with your portfolio??

NO! That is total BS!

I know for a fact that they will use this incentive to convince you join to them. But when it comes to crunch they do not do anything for you at all, except lead you up the garden path.

When you talk to them ask them what guarantees they can offer you, and get every thing in writing!!!!

DD368

hi all, i mean the way the market is at the moment i dont think anyone can guarantee work. you all know its tough out there!

yes it is tough, id like to see how many get support with this compared to the amount who dont

yes it is tough, id like to see how many get support with this compared to the amount who dont

I know one training agency who help trainees through their portfolio. The guy who runs the training company also has a GSR business, but I think that he mainly offers this to trainees who are either long standing plumbers looking to add gas to their range, or to people who used to be registered years ago but have let it lapse for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do OLCI help get Gas Safe Certification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock