Discuss Do I have an air lock in my system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have had this problem for a week now. The oil boiler will run for a short while and then stop. If I check the pipes around the 3 way valve they are all hot and the pump is running but all the radiators are cold. I have a bleed valve next to the water tank and I bleed that frequently and there is always a small amount of air in that. I have bled all of the radiators and there is no air in them.

I can get the heating to come on if I drain water from one of the radiator drain valves and allow water to flow into the pressure vessel. After a few minutes the pipes around the 3 way valve become cold and the boiler will then kick in. It will then run fine for a number of hours.

After the boiler has been off for a few hours, like over night, the situation then repeats itself.

If I have an air lock and this is the problem I have run out of ideas on how to clear it or get the air to a radiator so I can bleed it out.

I would be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction please.

Thanks, Daniel.

Pump fecked / needs replacing

Not strong enough to pump the water round or a stuck port valve

Reply to Do I have an air lock in my system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
Hi. I replaced the Pressure and Temperature relief valve on my MegaFlo CL300 (I had thought it was dripping but it turns out the overflow drip...
Replies
Views
Back