Discuss DIY Apartment Bath Draining Very Slowly Issue ? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a bath tub in my apartment that is draining very slowly.

It does finally drain but only after about 12-15+ minutes.

After trying all the old remedies (fluids, powders, zip-it) I am now thinking about manually snaking the drain pipe.... But a Handyman guy who lives at my apartment complex says i need to be VERY careful since the pipes are cement (somewhat old) and not plastic and some cement could break off and completely clog/close off the bath's drainage.

The drain pipe for my Bath has not been cleaned out in 16+ years.

What advice can any old hands at this have for me on this. Is it okay to try this myself ?

Thanks... CJ

Reply to DIY Apartment Bath Draining Very Slowly Issue ? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
C
Hi - I have just had a bath replaced during a bathroom renovation and the plug is now in the centre of the bath rather than at the end. It also...
Replies
Views
G
Eleven days ago, I noticed that my toilet gurgled a bit when a fellow tenant in a nearby apartment seemed to flush their toilet. When I flushed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock