Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dishwasher E-24 error , blue plug?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
A complete novice diyer here, who is slowly recovering from a nightmare installation from a.o.
I often get an E24 error message from my dishwasher and a build up of water inside but there never seems to be any blockage that i can see. i have checked the pipes and believe i may have found the culprit but i am unsure. The pictures are below showing the pipe connected , pipe removed and the white plastic connector removed to show a blue bung. Not sure if it should be there or not.
Kind Regards
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_103743.jpg
    IMG_20201011_103743.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20201011_103511.jpg
    IMG_20201011_103511.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20201011_103518.jpg
    IMG_20201011_103518.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 11
1. The blue bung should not be there. The waste fittings are supplied with them fitted in the event the connection is not to be used.
2. Remove it, but keep it. Useful if you ever have to plunge the sink, as you can refit it and stop water going into the dishwasher.
3. The waste pipe from the appliance should come up to just below the work surface level then go downwards into that spigot. The spigot should be pointing upwards. If this isn't done you'll get stagnant water in the drain hose.
4. Great job by the installers!!

Reply to Dishwasher E-24 error , blue plug?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a basic home DIYer with limited knowledge looking for some advice. We have a sink in our utility that has a washing machine connected...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm new here so apologies firstly if this is posted in the wrong area, but I am after some advice please. I'm an extremely DIY novice...
Replies
Views
Hello. Total novice here. We have a pop-up thumb plug (think that's the name, following a Google search - photo attached). It was here when we...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my bathroom sink. It's been "blocking" regularly, maybe once a month, for at least 3 years. The sink fills with...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock