Discuss Dimplex cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are on econ 7 there will be a relay or a timer

Best thing to do is to either loop a live to the relay or if on a timer. Find the breaker in the board and put a temp supply to it

This is just for testing

There's defo no timer, if she wasn't on econ 7 would that mean that the spur would always be dead?

You should check to see how she's billed. E7 should be stated on it somewhere. If it's all wired up for E7 there will more than likely be 2 separate consumer units. Does she have storage heaters as well?

The timers normally incorporated into the meter, you'll have a 2 tier meter and 4 tails coming out the meter.

Last edited:
Let me take a photo .

Ok that would help, not of the cylinder cupboard though, thats irrelevant, you need to find the source that supplies the spur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336067473.062448.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336067473.062448.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336067486.386153.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336067486.386153.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 14
Excuse the quality..

Can you take a picture of the leccy meter, can't really make out much from those photo's other than a split load board, a telephone socket, fused spur and another box which I have no idea what it is!

And yes storage heaters. I may tee off my gas meter at home 15miles away, and run a discrete supply here... Any one fancy pipe sizing that for me..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336067648.826664.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1336067648.826664.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
Use hose pipe. You can get that in long lengths.

I trust your GSR before you attempt this

Are there 2 fuse boxes?
The off peak stuff is usually supplied from a separate box. Check it again at dark o'clock.

Never noticed your pics

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to search high and low for this bad boy! Hope the photos of some use I had to run from top flat to ground floor in my jim jams!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1jn5cy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336068105.312791.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336068105.312791.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12
Is that 6 cables coming out the meter, ie 3 N and 3 L?

If so you need to find another consumer unit as thats the E7 board and will be the source of your lower immersion fused spur.

If you are going to use hose pipe make sure it is yellow then people will know it's for gas !!:wings:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dimplex cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back