Search the forum,

Discuss difference between flow and pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
would i be correct saying that pressure is the main supply that is pumped from the main and flow is what comes out of the end which can either be be poor flow rate or powerful flow rate. kinda like a garden hose which a changing able hand held hose that the sprayer can go to different settings.

can someone explain if I've got it wrong. i would ask my boss but i don't want to sound silly

Flow is how many liters per minute coming out of a pipe presure is the force its being expeled by
think of a pressure washer with hose open and the tap running lets say for instance you have 5 liters a minute coming outat a pressure of 1 barbut flow willl be a lot less when you connect the pressure washer the pump adds pressure but the end of the pipe is now much smaller but pressure is now at 20 bar

when you have a **** and it feels great thats flow, try stopping it by squeezing thats pressure :)

Dynamic pressure , pressure with some flow present .
Static , is more like peak pressure ... that can mean little ,
as no flow is happening !

(a bit like MUSIC power on stereo ! ... Darn sales man )

or am I getting confused ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to difference between flow and pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock