Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Deep Reach Sockets For Taps? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking to buy some Extra Deep Sockets for use on taps instead of box spanners..The fixing bolts on the taps in my house are 8mm and 10mm, so I was wondering what are the other common sizes? Trying to decided whether to buy a full set of if I only really need a couple?

Yeah, I think that's the route I am going to go down..

I was hoping to find 1/4" drive sockets that were deeper than the usual 50mm, but it looks like that is the standard size for 1/4" drive deep sockets..

You will have one disadvantage with sockets though, - a socket has heavier metal (wider) than a box spanner, which might make the taps with copper tails close tight to nut difficult to get a socket onto when removing or tightening old taps.

Reply to Deep Reach Sockets For Taps? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Had to change a couple of monoblock taps a while ago and struggled to do the job untill I bought a set of cheap box spanners.. Although the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
C
Hello there. I wonder whether anyone could suggest what may be the issue with the hot water in my bathroom. I have asked four different plumbers...
Replies
Views
CharlieMcT
C
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock