Discuss Damp patch next to WC pan, where is it coming from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a heating pipe underneath or plumbed underfloor heating - or perhaps coming in from outside?

Thanks, we've thought of that, we keep the room well ventilated and we thought the damp patch would dry out while we were on holiday for two weeks, but it didn't. So I think I have a hairline crack in the pan as suggested here. It does seem really odd and from the inside of the pan there is no sign what so ever of a crack, hair line or otherwise. It's now a case of having ruled all else out so it must be a (small) leak from a small crack. I think.......

Is there a heating pipe underneath or plumbed underfloor heating - or perhaps coming in from outside?
Thanks, I've thought of that too. There are no pipes under that part of the floor, the ceiling below is bone dry and the outside wall is very sheltered and completely dry. Cheers.

Is it the only pan in the house or do you have another. Take the pan out put some water in it on a dry piece of floor and see if it gets wet underneath if it does its the pan if not could be something else.

Is it the only pan in the house or do you have another. Take the pan out put some water in it on a dry piece of floor and see if it gets wet underneath if it does its the pan if not could be something else.

Yes no point just changing pan if that's not the problem

Good points, we do have another one we can use. I am not sure Mrs Bloggs will let me do that (she's a bit fussy like that) but it is worth thinking about for sure. Thanks.

Just persuade her that some very informative people have advised you to do it and if you dont do it youll make her pay for the new pan :)

Hello Fred and welcome had a similar problem once took pan out dried thoroughly placed on some cardboard put some water in and checked every 10 mins or so nothing then my pal turned up and sat on it jokingly and after a few moments we noticed a damp patch on the cardboard put some drain dye in and he sat on it again we emptied it and turned the pan upside down and found a hairline crack showed up by the dye good luck with your problem regards turnpin:D

Try using some tissue paper to see if there's any wetness where the pan connects to the pan connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damp patch next to WC pan, where is it coming from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock