Search the forum,

Discuss CV help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

markfxy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I need to do a CV but as I've been self employe for over 30 years I haven't got a clue how to go about it! how far do I go back how can I list all of the jobs I've done I've forgotten most of them.
any help would be appreciated🙂

Any help ?

And yes be as detailed as you can

I need to do a CV but as I've been self employe for over 30 years I haven't got a clue how to go about it! how far do I go back how can I list all of the jobs I've done I've forgotten most of them.
any help would be appreciated🙂
Is this a CV for a plumbing job with a plumbing firm?

What were you self employed at?

I write about 200,000 words a day. And read about half of them, I type so fast. I was a salesman in an earlier life or something. So can sell well on CVs. And Cover Letters - Those need to match the exact job description. So will need to change per job.

Can you Start a Conversation with me (click on my name, and click on Start Conversation) and attach what you've got so far. And show me the job you're looking for. I'll get you that job (I say that now - A few I've done this for needed to do with with a few jobs - I think it's just fierce now out there - but I did help my mate with each, and one paid off). So don't get upset if it doesn't work the first time.

Your CV can mostly stay the same per job. But there's a trick HR do with adverts. They want to see their exact wording in the cover letter. So if it says "we are looking for a plumber who can work in a team, but also good on their own" that's a good example of one, because people tend to say one or another - depending on what they think the job will be about.

So I need to see the actual advertised job. And what you've got so far on your CV. I know it'll look terrible with bits missing. So I'm going to tell a couple of small porkies but nothing that will trap you.

Message me out of the view of the forum mate and I'll help you.

It's christmas soon. I'd hate to think I could have done something and didn't. You'd be on my mind on Christmas day.

Reply to CV help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock