Discuss cp12 -service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did a landlords cert and the customer asked if it was a service i told them it wasn;t and explained what it was,fair enough but the boiler manufatures warranty states that the boiler has to be serviced annually they asked would a cp12 cover this, my feelings are that it would not,but if i am honest i don't know...do you...?

It depends on what boiler it is as a landlords cert is virtually a visual plus the standard

would say all boilers will need a service to comply with warranty, cp12 isnt enuff. imo

What do the boiler MI state as a service for this particular boiler?

I suppose it depends on what the MI's constitute as a service and what you charge for a CP12.
To err on the side of safety perhaps a tightness test and FGA is sufficient. That's what many housing associations accept.

A cp 12 is in no way a service,if a service is required it should be recorded on the form,if a service is required to keep warrantee up,that should be done if requested separately

After saying above,if customer pleads ignorance when calling many manufacturer's up for a call out and says he thought cp12 covered his requirements to keep up warrantee,they usually say ok but get correct service in future ...(pushing themselves of course)

However as warrantee,s are getting longer and now even the cheaper boilers are being forced to offer them,the manufacturers are starting to apply terms by the letter and refusing call outs or charging if terms not met,do not get involved in the middle of this by making untrue claims about what the cp12 is and what it covers and it does not cover any manufacturer warrantee's and is not designed to do so

imho

When I used to do a lot of Landlord stuff I would always strip and service OF stuff. Room sealed stuff would get FGA and a visual with a service if required. This was included in the price as we used to do a lot of them.

Most of the A rated boilers that I've come across state FGA and only strip and service if necessary. On these I price for FGA and state that strip and service will be extra because gaskets and special tools are often required.

dependant on the manufactures requirements you may find that if your fga readings where within MI values then any strip and clean will not be required and your basic checks are adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cp12 -service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock