Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Coverting Twin Entry Valves on Microbore to Normal Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidGee

Following on from a recent comment please can you let me have your thoughts on the following

I am looking to replace twin entry radiator valves with normal valves at each end of the radiator.

To do this

Can I use the existing radiator?

Would the change in pipework only involve running a new length of pipe from the existing pipe to the end of the radiator?

Could this pipe be run behind the radiator to hide it?

Would any pipework need to be accessed under the floor to undertake this work ... both pipes come above the floorline

Picture below may help

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26126737@N02/16121648809/

Thanks you in anticipation

Thank you so much for the response, it's really appreciated, I have recently had the floor laid so I am trying to avoid touching them if possible, a length of pipe (especially if partly hidden by the radiator and painted white) should not be too obtrusive

Looking at the photo, now may be a good time to replace some of the radiators the small ones are quite cheep, and would give more heat due to the convector fins at the rear, most new radiators also have side panels & top grill so look quite nice, just a thought as you will need to drain system to alter pipework.

Yes, I would certainly look into new radiators, it would also save having to flush the old ones out. Are there any makes that I should look for / avoid?

Just on that point a previous comment seemed to suggest that the existing twin entry valve was connected to a pipe that ran the length of the bottom of the radiator. Given this would the radiators have to be adapted to take normal valves at each end?

Thanks again for your help

Be careful when you cut the old nut and olive off of the the piece of pipe you are extending. It's a pain in the bum if it drops in the floor :smiley2:

Yes, I would certainly look into new radiators, it would also save having to flush the old ones out. Are there any makes that I should look for / avoid?

Just on that point a previous comment seemed to suggest that the existing twin entry valve was connected to a pipe that ran the length of the bottom of the radiator. Given this would the radiators have to be adapted to take normal valves at each end?

Thanks again for your help
1. Most good rads come with a warranty, shop around local Plumbers outlets if you are getting someone in to do job ask them.

2. some you had to run pipe inside so water would go around rad, Not required if valve at each end

Thank you, given the task I will probably get a qualified engineer to carry out the work on my behalf

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Coverting Twin Entry Valves on Microbore to Normal Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock