Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Could this be valve fore draining heating system?? See picture in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bazza1410

b6452c65d28af2c43dcfbe13e6f7fd4b.jpg

could this be the valve for draining down the central heating system. There is a pipe outside the back door leading up to the airing cupboard and seems to go to this valve.

It looks like a " plug cock" So should be for draining.
What is it connected to?

I dont really know. I need to drain the heating system tomorrow and was hoping this is the drain valve as i cant find one downstairs anywhere but as i said there is a pipe at back door which is so low i can only imagone its for draining the heating system.

Trace the pipe behind the cylinder and identify what it's connected to, do you have other pictures? Failing that , try it, if it goes outside you won't do any damage only drain some of the heating circuit.

I think its the return to the boiler its connected to. Hard to tell its very tight in there.

Its the cold water feed to tank so im guessing this is to isolate the cold feed to tank.

4bf10c28977ea3caace4695772d64163.jpg

Ok so the pipe outside actually goes into the boiler. I take it i cant drain heating from here?

I thought it was the cold water feed. It goes into the bottom of the tank and appears to be part of a pipe that goes up up into the attic.

b6452c65d28af2c43dcfbe13e6f7fd4b.jpg

could this be the valve for draining down the central heating system. There is a pipe outside the back door leading up to the airing cupboard and seems to go to this valve.

If you are unsure You could get a self tapping drain off once it's drained take it off and fix the pipe with a proper drain off

That ( if I'm right ), looks like a permanent drain connected into the bottom of the cold feed to the cylinder. The other end will be piped through to an outside wall. I see a lot in my area.
Have a look around outside for 15mm pipe sticking out the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Could this be valve fore draining heating system?? See picture in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock