Search the forum,

Discuss cooker repair forum??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys....anyone know of a cooker repair forum??? ive gotta change a thermocouple on a leisure cookmaster 101 tomorrow and i'm not sure how to take the cooker apart!!! and could do with some info. cheers.

trouble is cookers are a pain in the bum to work on lots wont i used to but rarely bother now,not familer with this cooker by thermocouple i assume its on the gas hob side that said beumatic have them on the ovens

hey gas man, i went and had a look at it the other day...its the thermocouple for the main oven,its burnt out...only doing it because its a friend otherwise i wouldn't bother....i can see its gonna be one of them jobs!!!!

might find its a huge strip down just to get at it,on some you undo the solenoid end under the gas top,then feed it down in to the oven

thats what it looks like to me....the thermocouple is 1.5m long!!! genuine part!! oowww man!! wish i'd have passed on it now:(

well i done it...took me a couple of hours but got there in the end......had to take the back,glass lid and the top off to get to the back of the gas valve....next time i do one it'll only be an hours work.....you live and learn.

took one out once to change the ffd,foot of grease/fat behind it

eeeeeeewwwwwwwww.........thats not nice mate...but its one of those spots that even the cleanest of women never bother to clean!!

That look of shock/horror when they realise they are not as clean as they thought they are always makes me chuckle....and its always followed by the line "don't worry love...ive seen worse" which always seems to automatically come out of my mouth everytime....its like my brain is pre-programmed to say it!!!

yea no what you mean LOL,the worse houses are the ones where you have to wipe your feet........on the way out,thats our job though you see some states

LOL...you don't half mate....i could roll off endless stories about all the council houses i have worked in but i havn't got enough time!!! thank god i left the council!!! some people are just narsty,some people just don't have a clue...and some people are just too old(poor gits).

i deal a lot with tenants its the druggies that get to me,way some of them live there are a few houses if i am on a break down or service we go 2 up one to guard the van

yeah i use to get that alot......one of them even stole my 1 1/4" waste pipe and i walked into the living room to talk to him and he was sitting there with the waste pipe in his hand sucking up his smack!!!!......sometimes something just stick with ya...that was 15 years ago and i'll never forget it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cooker repair forum??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to the door that I think wasn't helping due to dpc but that was removed to take a closer look and it revealed 2 waste water pipes going into the patio...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new white PVC joined the existing grey PVC. I cut a hole in the ceiling and could also easily view it with the bath panel off but not access it from there...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I moved into a house where the kitchen was moved from an upper floor to the ground floor, at the back of the house, so there was no existing soil pipe near to the kitchen double sink and dishwasher. In their infinite wisdom, the plumbers who set this up ran a very long length of waste...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a situation where I have had a water pipe burst under a solid concrete and tile floor. The gas and water pipes were laid right next to each other in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock