Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Constant head pump for old combi? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello forum, 1st time here.

The Grundfos 3-speed pump in a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil combi boiler is on its way out.

The boiler is old but in v good nick. The network is trunk/branches. All rads (but one) have TRVs.

Pump is set on max, which seems to be what it needs when supplying all the rads. But with the TRVs, often only a couple of rads are being supplied at any one time once normal room temps have been reached. Pump is presumably working too hard then.

Can/Should the existing pump be replaced with with a constant-head type like the Grundfos Alpha 1 15-50/60? Is it compatible with that boiler? Any implications for the electrics?

Views on pros/cons very welcome, thanks.

Brittherm 15-60 pump

3 speed

Reply to Constant head pump for old combi? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock