Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting Soil Pipe To Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have changed the orientation of my new toilet. It has moved from the wall it was originally on to the wall next to it. This means I am now taking the connection to the soil stack around one corner and then into the toilet at it's new position.

I am boxing all the pipework in and will have a concealed cistern (once again I will be building the boxing for this too).

I have taken the soil pipe along the first wall (from the stack), used a 90 (or 92.5 to be exact), to take it around the corner, a further short length of 110 pipe and then the connection to the pan. The latter of which I have thought long and hard about and looked at various different connections.

I really want to avoid using flexible pipe if I can help it. I've no experience, good or bad, with using it but as a preference would like to avoid it if I can.

The usual 90 degree pan connectors will not work as I need to use it horizontally and once pushed into the back of the pan they come out at an angle. If I could extend the pan outlet further it could work. I have tried various connections and the best I have come up with is to use a 92.5 soil bend with push fit one end to connect onto the short piece of 110 pipe and then the other end being a male spigot. To this I can connect a straight pan connector.

I realise there are probably a couple of other ways but does anyone see any problems with doing it this way? I will take some photos and attach them to the thread when I get back home tonight as I've probably not made it that clear in my description what I am trying to do.

Thanks in advance,

Daz

the best I have come up with is to use a 92.5 soil bend with push fit one end to connect onto the short piece of 110 pipe and then the other end being a male spigot. To this I can connect a straight pan connector.

That will work. If it is short use a multiqwik extension or extended pan connector.

Hi Daz in the past I have used a Multi kwik straight pan connector into a bent pan connector using a piece of 110mm cut to length Multi kwick actually make a plastic ring for this hope this helps:)regards turnpin

Hey thanks for your suggestions!

I've taken a few pics to make it easier to explain. Pipes will be secured in place with the correct fall once I have the correct routing decided.

DSC01906R.jpg

This photo below shows the 92.5 degree bend with pushfit at one end and spigot thingy at the other.

DSC01907R.jpg

The photo below shows the end of the 92.5 bend which then has a straight pan connector into the end to connect to the pan.

DSC01909R.jpg

Any further comments?

Thanks again in advance,

Daz

As Turnpin said in post no.3 is the best idea & one i have used many times.

Hi Daz in the past I have used a Multi kwik straight pan connector into a bent pan connector using a piece of 110mm cut to length Multi kwick actually make a plastic ring for this hope this helps:)regards turnpin

the multiquick can reduce the bore of the bent pan connector though after the bend, ive done it this way but cut the miltiquick back a bit

Thanks all again!

Would there be any chance one of you could list a couple of links to the parts I may need if I were to do it the multikwik way?

I think I know which parts you are all refering to but this is all new to me so I'd rather be sure.

Thanks again for all your good advice,

Daz

Thanks all again!

Would there be any chance one of you could list a couple of links to the parts I may need if I were to do it the multikwik way?

I think I know which parts you are all refering to but this is all new to me so I'd rather be sure.

Thanks again for all your good advice,

Daz
Try www.Multikwik.com good luck:)regards turnpin

Hi, if you use this www.*************/prods/18833/Plumbing/Soil-Vent/92-5-87-5-Bend-Single-Socket-Grey-SP161 it has a tighter bend.
And one of these you have more room, WC-CON2 from Mcalpine. You can cut it to fit.
It is a flow plast
92.5Ā°(87.5Ā°) Bend Single Socket Grey SP161 from screw fix.

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to provide those links. Much appreciated!

The WC-CON2 straight pan connector (extendable) was the part I didn't think existed. I was convinced there must be pan connector that you could cut to size but couldn't find one in toolstation, screwfix or seemingly on the net. They only seem to stock just the pan extension pieces without the actual pan socket on them.

Do you just know through using the screwfix bend that it is tighter than a usual one? It doesn't seem to indicate that it is, although it does look that way in the picture. I can always buy it and take it back if need be anyways.

Thanks again!

On another note, when using these 92.5 degree bends, are they generally ok to use to achieve a 90 degree turn. I've read that there shouldn't be a problem. They will be fixed in properly with brackets and when they are at the right angle to take the pan properly they don't appear to be under any great stress as to break any of the seals. However, I may still run some silicon round the joints for extra safety before I fix the enclosure over it.

Daz

No worries, the bend is a little shorter to, the flexible fins on the pan connector will straighten up any small issues. I would not use silicone on the pan connector.

No worries, the bend is a little shorter to, the flexible fins on the pan connector will straighten up any small issues. I would not use silicone on the pan connector.

Once again thanks! No I wasn't going to use silicon on the pan connector just was thinking of using some around the 92.5 bends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting Soil Pipe To Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock