Discuss Connecting copper pipe to cistern . in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
A complete novice question. I need to connect a copper pipe to the cistern. I don't have enough space for a flexible hose. Can I insert the copper pipe inside the cistern's plastic inlet and use a nut and olive on it or is that not the way to do it?
Also, the inlet has a small filter. If I keep the filter, I can't insert the copper pipe into the inlet. Do I need the filter or is it ok to not use it?

Many thanks.

You can’t do it like that, it just won’t work, you need a tap connector of some type with a rubber/fibre washer in it to make a seal.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/strai...tE_QA_itszqFda-ZaWBoCE_cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This would work, attach the fitting to the cistern then put the copper pipe into the nut/olive side. Yes you need the filter
Hope this helps

You can’t do it like that, it just won’t work, you need a tap connector of some type with a rubber/fibre washer in it to make a seal.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/strai...tE_QA_itszqFda-ZaWBoCE_cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This would work, attach the fitting to the cistern then put the copper pipe into the nut/olive side. Yes you need the filter
Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. I will look for a suitable tap connector. 👍

Reply to Connecting copper pipe to cistern . in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone advise me on a possible flexible connection between a water inlet pipe and a cistern? I have posted images of a 150 mm long flexible...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I have fitted this brass float valve to my toilet cistern. Obviously the inlet is the same level as the overflow pipe so it needs to be water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock