Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting a gas boiler and a woodburner boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbloco

I wish to connect a gas and a wood burner to the same system for heating and hot water. I have tried to locate a twin coil tank to do the job but they are all for solar. If I use motorised valves can I use a single coil tank such that when the gas is on if the wood burner is fired up it will take priority and the gas burner shut down. The tank has to be vented. So question is using a single coil tank connected to both viable and OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
...not my area hence the question...don't wood burners need to be on gravity?

Should be.
Use a Dunsley neutraliser (google it)
They were called Baker Neutralisers by Baker systems( from N. Ireland originally) years ago - if it is the round type that sits below cyl? They are a bit of a nightmare to pipe, especially in a tight hot press. Only need 2 of 28mm gravity pipes from fires though, & you could get them with extra tappings for extra boilers. Just need single coil cyl. A lot of money for an empty piece of steel. You can get a ordinary Twincoil cylinder, no problem, but that involves check valves in pumped pipes.

Last edited:
hay guys
doing a big house at the moment to which i have taken over from a handy man(he he he not funny wat a mess)
3 storey house
5 zones heating
1 hot water zone
35 rads in total
unvented cylinder single coil
gota pipe up one gas boiler and electric boiler back up into a presser system and pipe in a solid fuel burner in to system as well
wat ya reckon possible got a idear but more heads are better as to what to use

Jonnyplumber that is one hell of a system mate i wouldnt have a clue where to start. Im sure there'll be some useful info along in a bit.

If it was me id use.... subcontractors!!

Best of luck.

A Thermal store system is best - far superior to a Neutraliser. Neutraliser too small for a system that size. You need a pretty large thermal store unit.

Last edited:
Thermal store for me as well, although with unvented cylinder you may want to look at the h2 panel, they do a solution for unvented cylinders.

Thermal store - You can't have a solid fuel stove (uncontrolled heat source) linked directly to an unvented cylnder

I believe that a solid fuelled heat source can be linked Indirectly to an unvented cylinder , but you need to talk to Mike Smith about it . ( Heating Innovations ) .

Take a look at my development for direct connection of a stove to any wet circuit - www.fhtstoves.com - not commercially available yet, but comments welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting a gas boiler and a woodburner boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock