Discuss Condensing boilers - rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

All we get this winter is condense pipe blocked-boiler locks out - ok its been financially good but when the regulations changed these boilers were sold as the answer to all bla blah.

The reality is condensing boilers that 'save energy' now need trace heating for the condense, to be undersized to make them reach high efficiency - unable to warm homes properly at -12, they are never going to last 10 years let alone 15 as the old ones used to and you need to spend loads on chemicals and filters to keep them working. Add all the complications that befall combis - diverter valves and low pressure and you have a government led manufacturer created market in unreliable systems that cost too much to purchase and maintain. They cannot be green because the units are headed for the skip after 5 or so years

centralheatking

i agree with you on that ,the savings made are soon overtaken by the repair man coming out ,expensive parts etc, its nothing new to see people with issues on these boilers that are only a couple of years old, ideal and keston come to mind

Agree with you, they're not built to last - even if you fit trace heating, you'd still have to insulate it... the heat would dissipate too quickly @ these temperatures... more expense... green... green bucks in the manufactures wallets!

well yes,we all have to make living out of something don't we ! some become car mechanics and solve the trouble with the cars witch i found need new brakes and tyres every year and so on ...some become builders and build the new high speck homes witch are coming apart after 6 mounts living in.....some become lawyer to try solve our day to day trouble as we become more violent and tend to do more crime !!!
End of the day is all about ÂŁ with everything in this days ! This is how things are, i have to make sure i earn enough so my little boy can have normal live and support him through his growing up ! My insurance is going up every year but hey there is no one to complain about it ,VAT is going up again and hey guess what there is no one to complain about it we just have to get on with it !

If things were built to last the economy would come to a halt. Imagine if you had a car that lasted your lifetime, a boiler, a washing machine etc etc. There would be no need for half us after a while apart from servicing.

That said, I'm sure they could make cars that last for years, but then they would not sale so many new cars and spare parts, therefore not making as many millions in profit.

It's all one big conspiracy theory!!! lol :)

now need trace heating for the condense

Not now need but have always needed

I have not fitted millions of condensing boilers but have fitted a good few hundred every one with trace heating 17W per meter

not one of my installs has had a frozen condensate drain

but I have had a load of new customers wanting the same guaranteed cure

still seems bonkers that we have to fit condensing boilers to save energy and now we are looking at fitting trace heaters to stop the condensate from freezing. Might as well start sticking back boilers in again :)

No offense mate but things change

Me and you being joe blogs with 90 % of most grafters have no say, but we have to earn a living

we have to work to earn our living

I look at it Like my old tech teacher said if you would pay for it then its probably ok

Not now need but have always needed

I have not fitted millions of condensing boilers but have fitted a good few hundred every one with trace heating 17W per meter

not one of my installs has had a frozen condensate drain

but I have had a load of new customers wanting the same guaranteed cure

Sounds good - which trace heating kit do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing boilers - rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have read through numerous online guides as well as the pinned Balancing Radiators Thread on this forum. However still have several...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm having a nightmare at the moment with lazy Homecare BG engineers but that's another story. I'm pretty competent, so looking for a...
Replies
Views
I have an Alpha Intec boiler installed on my loft wall. The flue goes horizontally from the top of the boiler and passes through the wall, exiting...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock