Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

hi all, anyone got any tips on how to reduce the amount of condensation building up on a porcalain wc cisten.

heat and ventilation are the two things required to reduce condensation

Its an old problem this one and one I have yet to hear a proper answer too. As fuzzy says the answer is heat and ventilation.

But unless the cistern water is at or near too room temperature its still going to be hard to stop condensation. A ventilation air stream does help as it evaporates the condensation as it forms. But hey who wants a draft bathroom.

Incidentally I have seen plastic cisterns just as bad as porcelain.

Some say line the cistern with polystyrene. In practise though, I have found polystyrene goes mangy after a while and turns black growing that black mould which then spreads all over the place.

So its heat the cistern water or ventilate it would seem.

I know our own cistern does it and drives the long haired one mad. There was good string about this some time ago but I have forgetten the dates.

I have never understood why they don't produce a cystern with insulation. Particularly now as water volumes have reduced,

I know it a bit off topic but I was called to a newly refurbished flat last week and the bathroom fitter had fitted a hot supply to the w/c by mistake. Every time the loo was flushed there was steam coming up from the pan but there was no condensation.

easyt, the sound of an insulated cystern is a brill idea, two skins of pvc filled with insulation, jobs a guden, may be 2 expensive, but if people want a warm bathroom and not have to mop up condensation from bathroom floor , maybe they will pay, just need someone to make them now.

I know it a bit off topic but I was called to a newly refurbished flat last week and the bathroom fitter had fitted a hot supply to the w/c by mistake. Every time the loo was flushed there was steam coming up from the pan but there was no condensation.

been there and done ,, lol,, left it like that for a couple of days just for the comments of visitors,, had a super clean loo!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock