Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate pipe termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

kasser

Gas Engineer
Getting confused with how to route and terminate condensate pipes.
My gas manual shows a diagram with the condensate pipe connected upstream of a washbasin trap.
Baxi's manual does "not recommend", in caps, to connect upstream of the sink and its diagram shows the connection downstream of the washbasin trap.
Intergas on the other hand says just dump the condensate tube in an open waste pipe. No need for any trap unless connected to a soil pipe.
Ravenheat's examples show the condensate connected upstream of the washbasin trap and state as much.

I know MIs must be followed but what's the logic here and why are the instructions so contradictory? They're all condensing boilers with internal traps, so no external air breaks are needed, that we can agree. I thought the condensate pipe had to be terminated such that flue gases could not escape in the room, so why do some manufacturers allow open-ended waste pipes or the trap after?

if dumping a full sink you could in theory pull the trap out the boiler also seen a condense get blocked with food waste that was tee into the washing machine port of a trap

Reply to Condensate pipe termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock