Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate pipe fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert large

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Seem to be getting a spate of leaks of condensate pipework after it's been fitted a few years where the solvent cement on the fittings appears to be getting eroded away by the condensate.
Anyone else getting this problem ?

Only on the small style condensate elbows they fall off , the deeper ones (think osma) are fine.

Fine by me tho as its easy money .

I've had it on all makes for some reason, doesn't look great when you go back to your own install, 2-3yrs later.

Yeah I stopped using plumb Center condense as the insert depth is too small... Plumbfix stuff is good quality, good insert depth...

The only leaks I notice on the glued fittings are the original worcester Combis with that horrible grey adapted, people glue them but I'm not even sure if there suitable for gluing as if you touch them the joint breaks!

the overflow pipework just gets brittle in general and falls apart!

On another note, I wish o/flow pipe was a standard size across the board instead of the slight difference between manus
Oh well,the joys of the common market I spose

On another note, I wish o/flow pipe was a standard size across the board instead of the slight difference between manus
Oh well,the joys of the common market I spose

Defs agree with that... What a pain this is always!!! Larger waste pipes seems to be so should the small overflow! Keep a mcalpine compression condensate coupler on the van to solve lol

Glad it's not just me then. I was beginning to get paranoid
I use overflow fitting from City. Think they are Osma.
It seems solvent cement isn't entirely compatible with condensate.

Switch to 32 as soon as space allows it, its what i do, even indoors. Hate that 21.

last one I installed went straight into a washing machine trap, ideal solution no 21mm to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate pipe fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
I was just interested if people put solvent weld on both the pipe and fitting or just the pipe when glueing overflow/condensate pipe.
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint. How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the joint work or does it need to be some other compound? Can I simply pull the pipe and joint out and then put the compound round it Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock