Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed 3way thermostatic shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Not been on here for sometime so hope everyone is good.

I have got to fit a Vado CEL-148C/3/SQ-C/P ( 3 way shower valve )
I will connect the left side to a rain shower head - position 1
I will connect the right side to a hand held shower head - position 3
Position 2 I want it to operate both so my question is do I just tee into both runs from the top connection of the valve.

Cheers guys

I would assume that this would work but I would test before !

Just changed the cartridges on this shower, same but marketed by Euro Bath who Vado bought out. Removing the thermostatic cartridge was mental.

The video on the Vado website wasn't accurate as there was no grub screw in the side so to get it out I had to cut slots in the cartridge with a multitool.

With regards to fitting one, do you not have instructions? If in doubt, blow through it at different settings, and work it out??

Instructions don't show any connections just how to fix it to a wall and how to fix cover plate and knobs. I have blown through and know what each one does but I'm concerned that if I just tee the back to each other it may just force all the water to the closest run - the hand held shower - I will give technical a bell on Monday.

I'd have thought you would need an nrv on each tee from position 2 aswell, otherwise you will get water out of both no matter what setting you use. Not too sure that i would want to bury a nrv in the wall though, might fail some time in the future.

It's a labour only job the custard is supplying all the stuff. Think they may have to source a new valve cos I don't fancy burying stuff in the wall with no access in the future. I'll let you know what tech says tmw.

what you need is a normal mixer with diverter for hand held or overhead on the actual shower not on the mixer, so that on the mixer you only have temperature control and on/off. something like this 73685.jpg

Tech guys said no one has ever asked if that could be done but doesn't reckon it would work. Customer going to buy a correct one !!!! Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed 3way thermostatic shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I've finished running the copper for my concealed shower valve and tested both inlets and the outlet with cold mains (full pressure). I just wanted to ask is it considered necessary to test the hot inlet with hot water, or will the cold suffice? Many thanks P
Replies
Views
W
Hello all. I have fitted three new Saracen timed flow valves to existing shower rooms. But these valves are still allowing water to flow from shower head and won't close off. I have tried various options and sorted other connections in the shower lines 5 on one line 3 on other. Only 1 new...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
I installed Jaquar Fusion thermostatic bath shower mixers during a conversion in 2007. I let the properties out. They have lasted pretty well with the thermostatic and diverter cartridges needing replacing every now and again - some are possibly still the original. Can't really complain about...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock