Search the forum,

Discuss Communal heating new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

Anyone done any of these? They are controlled locally by a heat interface unit. I went to a property today and the above was installed. I really wasn't sure how it worked when asked as its new to me. This was a friends house, not a customer. He was merely showing me around his new house. I'd like to understand a bit more as I'm sure this will become more common place

I worked on a job a while back with them. They will become more popular with higher SH codes / zero houses on new builds. Can work off normall gas boilers or green tech. Plant rooms with biomass etc...

The simple ones that I've see are just a box with a controls plan with plate to plate heat exchangers for heating and hot water. (Zone vales, plate to plate, filling loop, expansion vessel) what's inside depends on the temp of the flow coming in I think.

Last edited:
We've used quite a few on our biomass systems when connecting the district heating and replacing a combined. Most are pretty easy to follow, we use the SAV units which are Danfoss. Tried using the Stokvis unit and it was a nightmare to set the controls up. They do need to be sized correctly or your customer will not be happy at the hot water rate.

We talking about HIU's??

Not very common around here but done a new build couple years ago and they were used .

We talking about HIU's??

Not very common around here but done a new build couple years ago and they were used .
Yes mate HUI. A site near me has no gas and its run by a huge biomass boiler and accumulator which supplies all the apartments with the primary's and I'm guessing the hiu is similar to a combi that uses plate heat exhangers to produce hot water?

some are just like a combi but no burner 3way plate pcb thermistors etc usually wall hung
others in larger houses are more like a heatstore thats fed from the communal heat source flooor standing usually look like a huge fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Communal heating new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock