Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial engineer needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

payney1974

Gas Engineer
Hi there,

I'm a domestic engineer but need to quote a few jobs that would require signing off by a commercial gas engineer/company, is there anyone close to Kidderminster that could help out?

Thanks
Stuart

fyi

if a non domestic meter a normal domestic install qualifications wont cover you installing the gas pipe work

you can install the boilers and the water side pipework but not the gas,

you will need to get a quote for a commercial engy to install the gas side (and not just sign it off)

Last edited:
Hi Shaun, thanks for the info but I did know that, I'm swapping a boiler like for like. But I'm also doing a large church/community hall which will be separated to keep below 70KW but the gas supply would have to be completed by a commercial engineer.

I think you can get a local isolation valve fitted with a test nipple then you will only need to instal the last section of gas supply, you would then only be testing a couple of meters of pipework, comm eng would fit valve and t/t to meter, from then on it's yours.

Where are the jobs located if you don't mind?

I think you can get a local isolation valve fitted with a test nipple then you will only need to instal the last section of gas supply, you would then only be testing a couple of meters of pipework, comm eng would fit valve and t/t to meter, from then on it's yours.

It's a commercial by sounds of it

Last edited:

Best to get a commercial Engineer as he plans to do really.

Last edited:
Sorry for not replying, I thought I got emails notifying me of replies! Maybe my settings are wrong IMG_0105.jpgthats the gas meter at a job where I'm replacing a Mexico 2 36kw Heat only with the same HE version. If I can get a commercial guy to quote me for putting in lever valve and test point that would be great( I will check with GS today to make sure that's acceptable) the jobs in Bromsgrove.

I also have a job in Stourport on Severn which is a lot bigger three boilers equalling about 94 KW which would need new gas runs from meter and possibly bigger meter (u16 at present).

Thanks for for the replies, going to check notification settings now!!

Last edited:
Can you give me a pm as this is in an open forum

Sorry for not replying, I thought I got emails notifying me of replies! Maybe my settings are wrong

Think it`s been disabled, I`m not getting email notifications either.

Sorry for not replying, I thought I got emails notifying me of replies! Maybe my settings are wrong

Think it`s been disabled, I`m not getting email notifications either.

Good, glad to help, it's nice for others to get clarification as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial engineer needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock