Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Catering Emergency Isolation Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glenntaf

Hi guys

Just wondered if any of you with catering can tell me what your views on this are.

Been asked to do a gas saftey check on a kitchen that I know does not have an Emergency Isolation Valve on the pipework entering the catering area. There is a working gas interlock, complete with an emergency stop button on the wall in the kitchen. However, the solenoid valve for the interlock is positioned just after the gas meter around 30 meters away through a series of locked doors. Does the solenoid need to be moved closer to the kitchen and/or does a manual isolation valve need to be installed in the pipework near the entrance to the catering area?

Cheers Glenn

if its only the kitchen off the supply (eg nothing else) then your fine

and aslong as you have knock offs inside the kitchen (normally by a back door/em exit / on fire alarm if there one, and dont for get it will need to have an air pressure switch on the the extraction system

(i maybe wrong havent done one in a long while wait for crop to confirm / back hand me)

Last edited:
if its only the kitchen off the supply (eg nothing else) then your fine

and aslong as you have knock offs inside the kitchen (normally by a back door/em exit / on fire alarm if there one, and dont for get it will need to have an air pressure switch on the the extraction system

(i maybe wrong havent done one in a long while wait for crop to confirm / back hand me)

cheers mate, yeah i'm happy with the ventilation, both the extract and make up air are adequate and interlocked properly. It was just how far away the solenoid valve was from the kitchen that was concerning me slightly and there not being a manual valve, as there is a whole section about it on the catering certificate (location, labelled handle fitted etc)

cheers mate, yeah i'm happy with the ventilation, both the extract and make up air are adequate and interlocked properly. It was just how far away the solenoid valve was from the kitchen that was concerning me slightly and there not being a manual valve, as there is a whole section about it on the catering certificate (location, labelled handle fitted etc)

you sure your not thinking about a secondary ecv (if accessible) ?

The one at the meter with the knock off on the panel, additional knock offs and the solenoid would amply satisfy that.

And I wish you would all call me Croppie. Or at least let me have both my P's.

It is me name after all..........

And I wish you would all call me Croppie. Or at least let me have both my P's.

It is me name after all..........

sorry sir boss man

tumblr_m2sp0w2M6E1r7qzo1o1_250.gif

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial Catering Emergency Isolation Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock