Discuss combined toilet bidet back flow prevention in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

customer would like combined toilet bidet fitted, spray is fitted to the pan, not hand held hose, she has unvented system.
does anyone know what back flow prevention can be used ?
are check valves on supplies to the mixing valve sufficient ?
wras advice seems unclear for unvented systems.
thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

1. As rpm says, separate tanks for hot and cold with air gaps for backflow prevention.
2. Check valves are not adequate safeguard against Category 5 fluid back flow / back syphonage protection.

Cat 5 risk so break tank with weir and pump also 15l unvented so it’s not just cold water

As you've been told, seperate supply to bidet seat from a tank with an airgap. There are no mechanical backflow prevention devices for Cat. 5 water.

Reply to combined toilet bidet back flow prevention in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi I've had a new bathroom plumbed and an en suite in the room next door. All new plumbing to the outside sewer along one wall, plumber had free...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I,'m after some advice please. We have recently had a new bathroom fitted by a professional fitter. We chose the units and he purchased and...
Replies
Views
Hi Is it normal to have very black UFH flow meters on a relatively new manifold (see image)? (Note the two clear flow meters on the LHS are for...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I recently moved house and miss my shataf (hand held douch spray for washing my backside after using the toilet) I bought one from...
Replies
Views
Well this is a bit embarrassing, i am a plumber but took early retirement about 22 years back, things have moved on considerably since then. About...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock