Discuss Combi on open vent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Just been to work on an oil combi which went in when the house was built just 7 years ago. Plumbed in on open vent? Couldn't believe it! I guess it will always have .6 bar but why would anyone do that?
F&E tank full of botany as pump on no.3. Anyone done/ seen this?

Some worcester & vaillant combis used to be "suitable" for open vent systems

yes I had to remove a tank as bloke I learnt my gas with had done this exact same thing!! It isn't even laziness, as pipes have to be installed from tank to boiler!! probably harder then installing from mains!!

Just been to work on an oil combi which went in when the house was built just 7 years ago. Plumbed in on open vent? Couldn't believe it! I guess it will always have .6 bar but why would anyone do that?

i have removed a vailant system boiler that was plumbed to a open vent system

Yep think it was one of the early turbo max. , one with funny shaped combustion chamber and fga sample port bang in center, red plug I believe ?

Was there any pumps installed before the boiler???
Couse i have seen this kind of solution before :)

There used to be an open vent Worcester gas combi - it was one of the heatslaves, but I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

No reason not to - its a lot easier to find room for an F&E than for a cylinder and CWS tank. IIRC, Worcester had a version where the F&E tank was located in a whitre enamelled case which sat on top of the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi on open vent? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Back