Discuss combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gavinwilson

can anyone tell me please ,if working on hot water do you have to turn off the boiler,can it cause problems if so what kind of problems can you encounter not turning the boiler off. recently moved hot water pipe and was sure i turned the boiler off, anyway boiler started having trouble gas engineer said at first it was the fan then when he replaced that (to no effect) he said it was the pcb and said the cause was the fact the boiler wasnt switched off while working on hot water.

the boiler senses the flow of water through the plate heat exchanger when a hot tap is opened and then fires up(boilers require around 2.5 litres minmum per minute to fire up) if you turned water off and were working on the hot water pipework there should be no damage done to the boiler as when the flow of water stops the boiler should also.

Last edited:
i know for sure i turned the mains off but the gas engineer statement got me questioning myself about turning the boiler off,

He's talking out of his backside to cover the fact that he's not confident in what he's doing.

He's talking out of his backside to cover the fact that he's not confident in what he's doing.

proven by the fact he's failed to identify the issue and is swapping parts willy nilly hoping to get it fixed.

op - i hope your not being held responsible for the gsr charges?
p.s what part of bolton are you from?

thnxs for the response folks,i thought i hadnt done anything wrong but wasn`t 100%.im from the exclusive area called breightmet kay jay,it was a job for the bro in law so its not that bad (he got it free) and i can now tell him his father in law officially is a heap of efluent (he`s the gsr)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from horwich. I know breightmet well. Work round there occasionally

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock