Discuss Combi Boiler Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mart1n

Hi - Just been advised that I need to flush my boiler - anyone know how?

give us more details? do you have blockages etc.... what problems do you have?

All the downstairs water gets hot - however upstairs the water keeps running hot then cold

Its the upstairs hot water at the taps - one minute it is hot then it goes cold

normally when somebody mentions flushing a combi boiler/system they are talking about the central heating side and boilers main heat exchanger because of poor central heating performance. blockages can occur at the hot water plate heat exc. but i would have thought that would effect the hot water at all your taps.

not sure it is the taps as the shower is the same. The boiler heats up the water then it stops and it goes stone cold. Downstairs everything seems to heat up ok

Stick a non return valves on the hot water pipes to shower and taps, could be the cw pressure is greater than hw pressure therefore occasionally over powering the hot flow into mixer.....is your bath tap a mixer??

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Plate h/ex starting to scale up,shower first to play up,followed by some type of taps.Flushing probably won't help.All depends on system,assuming combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
What pipework changes are needed to replace a conventional open vented gravity boiler to a combi boiler ? Would toilet flush/cisterns need replacing ?
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have an oil fuelled combi boiler and the hot water starts hot, then goes cold for a few seconds and then back to hot... Is this right...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock