Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cold whether and shower pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

srmans

I have noticed recently that the pumps to my showers have to work harder in this cold weather. I expect the cold supply from tank in loft is ~2 degrees and the hot water is at ~62 degrees. It seems the hot pressure drops over the course of a 4 minute shower.

The pressure on the hot supply of the pump is the same as the cold at about 0.3bar which I understand is approx 3m head which matches the pump/tank locations. I was wondering if increasing the down pipe to the hot water cylinder from 22mm to 28mm would help alleviate the pressure drop felt at the end of the shower?

Perhaps it is just aeration, any ideas?

an increase in pipe size could give improved flow, but will not affect pressure,
that is determined by the head of water and the pump wattage.

how is the hot draw off connected to the cylinder?

is the cold tank sufficient size ( 50 gallon/200 lt )

The hot is drawn off through a Surrey flange and the cold tank is 50 gallons in size. I've installed all the pipe work myself so I'm satisfied there are no installation mistakes.

Perhaps it is just my imagination but I see it by running the mixer on full hot at the start and it shows the initial flow and then at the end of the 4 minutes, again on full hot the flow is reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold whether and shower pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock