Discuss Cold radiators after draining heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Kenny

I installed a towel rad by draining system, replacing rad and cold bleeding system. adjusted valves on hot rads and got most others working. Bled system hot, but still 2 rads cold, 1 upstairs and one downstairs with cold pipes too. Any solutions please?

Could be air lock. Close all the rad valves, leaving one of the rads that is cold open to try and push the air out, once hot do the same with the other and then balance the system.

Air lock. As plumb tech said. Close everything off bar one of the cold rads. Is it sealed or open vented?

I closed all rads except one of the cold ones and that worked. Hot rads all round. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post.

Glad you got sorted and thanks for letting everyone know it worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold radiators after draining heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
I have a downstairs rad that has a 23 year old TRV and it's barely heating up. I bled it, and removed the TRV head and it still just gets a bit...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock