Discuss Cold feed supply to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solarplumb

Hello,

I work for a large heating firm and have fitted many unvented cylinders for them (I am certified to fit them). However on a new job an unusual problem that I haven't come across before has come up and I have been though all my books, etc and can't find an answer. They want me to fit an unvented cylinder on the ground floor of a block of flats. They want me to take the cold feed from a storage tank on the roof which is about 25m up so pressure shouldn't be an issue, however I thought unvented cyl had to be fed off the mains. Does anyone know if I am right or wrong?

Many thanks,
Laurie King

Doesn't matter where the feed comes from. Only issue could be debris from the cold water storage cistern blocking the filters. With a 25m head you're probably going to get a better flow than a lot of cold mains.

Yep I've looked into this before, nothing wrong with fitting an unvented to a tank, you can even fit one to a pumped break tank in the basement if water pressure is an issue, which shouldn't be in your case with 25m head.

Many thanks for all your advice. I was hoping to get out of this one as in a right bad place. Oh well, I know what I'm doing on wednesday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold feed supply to unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock