Currently reading:
Co/co2 ratio

Discuss Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sooo...

Let's say you go do a gas safety and the boiler has the following readings on the analyser:

Co: 346
Co2: 10.8
Ratio: 0.0032

Would you

A) AR it
B) pass it and recommend a service
C) pass it with no recommendations
D) ID it

That's because your book is correct

I disagree post up the page.
The action level is 0.004 (means it needs a service or otherwise)regardless of make or age unless MI's state otherwise.
Im happy to be proved wrong unless you can prove otherwise with an upto date book.

Hence i would be looking at dancins book

Vipers got various charts and tables for action levels for all sorts of appliances. Anyone got a viper handy ??

The action level is 0.004 (means it needs a service or otherwise)regardless of make or age unless MI's state otherwise.
Im happy to be proved wrong unless you can prove otherwise with an upto date book.

For some reason I can't upload a picture :/ but it's from Gas Installation Technology by R D Treloar

image.jpg

In my viper it states 0.0008 too

image.jpg

Last try. This is from NICEIC CITB Domestic Gas Safety On Site Guide.

I think we will image.jpghave to agree to disagree as image below is from tech bulletin 143.
I would trust a technical bulletin over viper everyday of the week.

Not sure then mate but if you look at the title when you click on Tb 143 it says when commissioning condensing boiler with air gas ratio valve. Can't find tb146 so will have a look tomorrow

for a open flue boiler its 0.004,
for a combi its 0.008.
unless otherwise by m.i.

thats from the latest niceic book!

I do love how gas safe move the ratios around not that long ago they were saying that 300 ppms now its 350.

No wonder we have confusion

Im just gonna take my guidance from tb 143 tb 126 and kane guide which also states 0.004

MI's is what we all should be working too and engineers judgement I wouldn't be walking away from something with over 200ppm

I wouldn't either, but why? It's room sealed.

The chance of products entering the property through the boiler are next to none. But there's a reason the Co is high and that's something isn't right so I'll make it right because that's what I'm paid to do. (And because I like falling straight to sleep at night) :)

I find it hard to believe some people are not using an FGA to confirm safe combustion levels on a non-condensing appliance!
Why have we got published action levels of 0.008 for non-condensing appliances if not required?
Why have Vokera compacts, Linea's, Worc 28i Junior, Baxi combi 80's etc been fitted with flue gas sampling points?
How many linea's etc are you overlooking as safe when combustion levels are through the roof?

Don't get it!

Because there's no requirement, and no reason. Flame picture, burner pressure, gas rating. It's been ok for over twenty years! And it hasn't stopped being ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Co/co2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock